Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Per Olesen <po...@nordija.com> on 2003/11/01 15:36:22 UTC

Accessing plugin property in postGoal?

Hi,

I wanted to write a postGoal for javadoc, and in the postGoal, access the
"maven.javadoc.destdir" property, which is set by the javadoc plugin. But
accessing the property in the postGoal gives an empty value.

Is it not possible to do this:

    <postGoal name="javadoc">
        <ant:mkdir dir="${maven.javadoc.destdir}/uml" />
        <ant:copy todir="${maven.javadoc.destdir}/uml">
            <ant:fileset dir="${maven.docs.src}/uml">
                <ant:include name="**" />
            </ant:fileset>
        </ant:copy>
    </postGoal>

seems like it is not :-( Instead, i had a look in the plugin.properties of the
javadoc plugin, and found out it generates the property from
"${pom.getPluginContext('maven-xdoc-plugin').getVariable('maven.docs.dest')}".

So I just used that in my postGoal instead. But this is vulnerable to the
situation, where javadoc plugin changes this.

Suggestions?

Regards, Per

--
Per Olesen @ Nordija A/S - www.nordija.com - main#: +45 70 20 25 10