Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anand Raman <an...@mymailbag.com> on 2000/10/22 12:45:03 UTC

xml exception on context startup

hi guys
I stated testing struts after creating a small context almost on the
lines of the struts - example application..

However whenever tomcat starts this applcation it compains of SAXException.
These errors are not thrown for the struts-example application..

What could be the possible cause as the files are in the same directory
as they are supposed to be in and i dont thnk i am missing something
significant..

I have attached the tack trace to this file..
Could some one please look atit and tell me whats going wrong..

Appreciate ur help
Anand

Re: xml exception on context startup

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Anand Raman wrote:

> hi guys
> I stated testing struts after creating a small context almost on the
> lines of the struts - example application..
>
> However whenever tomcat starts this applcation it compains of SAXException.
> These errors are not thrown for the struts-example application..
>
> What could be the possible cause as the files are in the same directory
> as they are supposed to be in and i dont thnk i am missing something
> significant..
>
> I have attached the tack trace to this file..
> Could some one please look atit and tell me whats going wrong..

The first error message is complaining about the DOCTYPE declaration at the top
of your configuration file.  Check the syntax of this heading very carefully
against the Struts example, and against the XML spec.

The other errors are most likely triggered by the first one.

> Appreciate ur help
> Anand

Craig McClanahan

                                    Applications to Tomcat