Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Joni Wilson <jo...@jda.com> on 2001/11/06 16:03:14 UTC

Illegal Argument Exception

A few months ago I had a problem with accessing a web service I was working
on.  The web service was using a bean as a parameter and also as a return
value.  I had the proper serializer/deserializers set up, but still I was
getting an illegal argument acception.  I did some research in the archives
and came across a thread where someone stated that the java class package ,
for the class that contained the method I was calling, was used as a root
for SOAP and that the beans used as parameters and return values had to be
in that same package.  I moved the bean to the same package and then it
worked.
There have been some questions raised as to the validity of this and I can't
find the thread that stated this.  Is this actually true and is there
another way to get around this other than having the beans in the same
package?  Thanks !

joni wilson
JDA Software Group, Inc.
480.308.3094