Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Qiyun Yang <qy...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/19 12:14:03 UTC

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault for xmethods StockQuote client

Hi,

I developed an axis2 clinet (using axis2 command line code generate
approach), when run it, there are the following error messages. Please
advise where could be wrong.

The request document (as printed out) is as follow:

<getQuote
xmlns="http://www.themindelectric.com/wsdl/net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuote/">
     <symbol xmlns="">IBM</symbol>
</getQuote>

(The delayed stock quote web service is rpc style though)

Thanks and regards.

run.client:
     [java] <getQuote
xmlns="http://www.themindelectric.com/wsdl/net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuote/">
     [java]   <symbol xmlns="">IBM</symbol>
     [java] </getQuote>
     [java] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: decoding error:
electric.xml.ParseException: the document does not have exactly one root
     [java] line 1, char 0: ...
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute
(OutInAxisOperation.java:308)
     [java]     at clients.NetXmethodsServicesStockquoteStockQuoteServiceSt
ub.getQuote(NetXmethodsServicesStockquoteStockQuoteServiceStub.java:141)
     [java]     at clients.Client.main(Client.java:19)

Re: [axis2] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault for xmethods StockQuote client

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 does not support rpc/encoded wsdl's.

-- dims

Re: What the necessary steps to develop axis2 client only?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
This is a problem with the service you are trying to access. I observed the
soap message sent by the Axis2 using tcpmon.

      <soapenv:Header />
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ns1:getQuote xmlns:ns1="
http://www.themindelectric.com/wsdl/net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuote/
">
            <symbol>test</symbol>
         </ns1:getQuote>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

which is correct according to the wsdl.
Use -ss -sd -g options to generate the skelton classes as well and try to
deploy the service in the simple axis server (comes with the axis2
distribution) and check.

Follow these steps
1. generate code (use -ss -sd -g -t -ssi -u)
2. set the envirionment varaiable AXIS2_HOME to the axis2 1.1 distribution
folder.
3. got to the directory where you generate the code and type ant
 this will generate the .aar file.
4. copy it to AXIS2_HOME/repository/services folder
5. go to AXIS2_HOME/bin sh axis2Server.sh

now u have started the server

change the stub epr to "
http://localhost:8081/axis2/services/net.xmethods.services.stockquote.StockQuoteService
"
and run the client.

Re: What the necessary steps to develop axis2 client only?

Posted by Qiyun Yang <qy...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Amila,

In my experiment, I tried to develop a client to access xmethids web service
"delayed stock quote", and I used:

WSDL2Java  -d xmlbeans -uri
http://services.xmethods.net/soap/urn:xmethods-delayed-quotes.wsdl   -p
clients -o D:\00Axis2\StockQuote

which successfully generated the codes. I then coded Client.java.

When running the client, I got the following errors:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: decoding error: electric.xml.ParseException: the
document does not have exactly one root line 1, char 0: ...

In the Client code, I printout the request document (reqDoc) which is:

<getQuote xmlns="http://www.themindelectric.com/wsdl/net.xmethods.se
rvices.stockquote.StockQuote/">
  <symbol xmlns="">IBM</symbol>
</getQuote>

it is used by stub to make invocation:

GetQuoteResponseDocument resDoc = stub.getQuote(reqDoc);

This statement did not get through ...
I have no idea where went wrong. Any advise is appreciated.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.