Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Kajal Sah <ka...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/01 01:07:37 UTC

Re: outreachy applicant

Hi,

I am also getting errors when I try to test the coverage. I followed both
the steps mentioned above by Rakhi and Justin. I have lcov installed
already.

Some information: Most of the test in make test fails (only 7% passes, i.e.
42 out of 45 failed). After that running make coverage results in the
following error

Reading tracefile proton-base.info
lcov: ERROR: no valid records found in tracefile proton-base.info
Reading tracefile proton-total-raw.info
lcov: ERROR: no valid records found in tracefile proton-total-raw.info
Reading data file proton-total.info
genhtml: ERROR: no valid records found in tracefile proton-total.info
CMakeFiles/coverage.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target
'CMakeFiles/coverage' failed
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/coverage] Error 255
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:931: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/coverage.dir/all'
failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/coverage.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:938: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/coverage.dir/rule'
failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/coverage.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:526: recipe for target 'coverage' failed

When I check these files, proton-total.info, proton-base.info, all of them
are empty.

Can someone suggest a solution for this?

Regards,
Kajal

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Rakhi Kumari <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kajal,
I also once faced this situation. I tried running just "make" after make
clean inside the build directory followed by < cmake ..
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DSYSINSTALL_BINDINGS=ON
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Coverage > and then the rest steps.
Then it worked for me.
Hope it may help.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 11:51 AM mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry if I am causing too much trouble but everything seems fine from

running the above commands

Well, we have to sort out the basics. You cannot do your task if you don't
have a development environment working.

> mrrobot@mrrobot:~/Desktop/qpid-proton/build$ ls
> ../cpp/src/container_test.cpp
> ../cpp/src/container_test.cpp
> mrrobot@mrrobot:~/Desktop/qpid-proton/build$ git status
> On branch main
> Your branch is up to date with 'origin/main'.

Did you already try to delete the entire ~/Desktop/qpid-proton, and do the
git checkout, etc. again?

One way to possibly break the build would be to rename the build directory
after you've already run cmake in it... something like this. That's why I
think a clean start should always be tried, at some point.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Sorry if I am causing too much trouble but everything seems fine from
running the above commands
mrrobot@mrrobot:~/Desktop/qpid-proton/build$ ls
../cpp/src/container_test.cpp
../cpp/src/container_test.cpp
mrrobot@mrrobot:~/Desktop/qpid-proton/build$ git status
On branch main
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/main'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Scanning dependencies of target container_test
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build'
make -f cpp/CMakeFiles/container_test.dir/build.make
cpp/CMakeFiles/container_test.dir/build
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target '../cpp/src/container_test.cpp', needed
by 'cpp/CMakeFiles/container_test.dir/src/container_test.cpp.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build'
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2456:
cpp/CMakeFiles/container_test.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build'
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
no it is executing

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
There was no container_test in build/cpp earlier so I copied src from
/qpid-proton/cpp/ and pasted in there. Then ran the command you gave.

mrrobot@mrrobot:~/Desktop/qpid-proton/build$ ls -AlFh
/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build/cpp/src/container_test.cpp
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mrrobot mrrobot 19K Apr  7 16:59
/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build/cpp/src/container_test.cpp

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Build 😅

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Im sorry let me send the text

Start 18: cpp-container_test

18: Test command: /usr/bin/python3.8
"/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/scripts/env.py" "--"
"/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build/cpp/container_test"
18: Test timeout computed to be: 1500
18: Traceback (most recent call last):
18:   File "/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/scripts/env.py", line 68, in
<module>
18:     sys.exit(main())
18:   File "/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/scripts/env.py", line 63, in
main
18:     p = subprocess.Popen(args, env=new_env)
18:   File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
18:     self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
18:   File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1702, in _execute_child
18:     raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
18: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/mrrobot/Desktop/qpid-proton/build/cpp/container_test'
18/44 Test #18: cpp-container_test ...............***Failed    0.17 sec
test 19
      Start 19: cpp-reconnect_test

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Is this the one you asked for?

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Kajal Sah <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your patience. There are errors in tests even then. Here's a
failed log

Send first then receive
11: ----------------------------------------------------------------------
11: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:   File "testme", line 52, in test_send_receive
11:     with Broker() as b:
11:   File "testme", line 38, in __init__
11:     super(Broker, self).__init__(["broker", "", "0"], kill_me=True)
11:   File "/path/to/qpid-proton/tests/py/test_subprocess.py", line 121, in
__init__
11:     super(Server, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
11:   File "/path/to/qpid-proton/tests/py/test_subprocess.py", line 65, in
__init__
11:     super(Popen, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
11:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
11:     errread, errwrite)

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Kajal Sah <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jiri. Now, I am able to see why tests are failing. It is probably
because of missing ruby packages.

Here is the error log

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require': libsasl2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory - /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.5.0/cproton.so
(LoadError)
42: from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require'
42: from /path/to/qpid-proton/ruby/lib/qpid_proton.rb:19:in `<top
(required)>'
42: from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require'
42: from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require'
42: from /path/to/qpid-proton/ruby/spec/spec_helper.rb:22:in `<top
(required)>'
42: from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require'
42: from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/2.5.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in
`require'
42: from /path/to/qpid-proton/ruby/spec/hash_spec.rb:20:in `<main>'

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jiri,
Thanks for the information. I don't particularly remember the tests that
failed that were caused due to absence of Jsoncpp. Sorry for the
inconvenience

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Kajal Sah <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Hope this helps you

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by mehaboob shariff <me...@gmail.com>.
Hello Kajal,

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Kajal Sah <ka...@gmail.com>.
There are no errors printed from the failing tests. Sample output below:

1/46 Test  #1: c-core-test ......................***Failed    0.03 sec
      Start  2: c-extra-test
 2/46 Test  #2: c-extra-test .....................***Failed    0.03 sec
      Start  3: c-proactor-test
 3/46 Test  #3: c-proactor-test ..................***Failed    0.03 sec
      Start  4: c-raw-connection-test

Are the errors being logged somewhere else?

Re: outreachy applicant

Posted by Jiri Daněk <jd...@redhat.com>.