Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Vince Gonzalez <vi...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/14 15:25:51 UTC

query plan caching?

Does Drill do any caching of query plans?

Re: query plan caching?

Posted by Neeraja Rentachintala <nr...@maprtech.com>.
Query plan caching is typically very useful if you have reporting type of
queries  where the query patterns are fixed and vary mostly on filter
conditions. For adhoc queries or data exploration use cases where there may
not be fixed query patterns, this technique is not frequently useful.

Similar to what Andries mentioned, what is the issue you are seeing. The
team might have ideas to help specifically.

-Neeraja

Re: query plan caching?

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.

Re: query plan caching?