Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com> on 2002/06/04 20:33:12 UTC

New stuff in the latest nightly build

I have just uploaded our latest nightly build:

    http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/2002-06-04/

This nightly build has a number of new stuff

1. Some latest DOM Level 3 implementation which includes:
    1.  DOMImplementationRegistry, DOMImplementationSource,
DOMImplementationLS
    2.  DOMError, DOMErrorHandler, DOMLocator, DOMEntityResolver,
    3.  DOMBuilder, DOMInputSource
    4.  DOMWriter, DOMWriterFilter, and XXXFormatTarget  (for use with
DOMWriter)

2.  The feature to optionally ignore external DTD.

3.  The HP-64 bit binary is also available as
xerces-c_yyyy-mm-dd-HP11ACC_64.tar.gz

4.  And we've also upgraded our gcc compiler on Linux to gcc 3.1
(xerces-c_yyyy-mm-dd-linux7.2gcc31.tar.gz).

Please review and let us know any comment.   We hope to have a Xerces-C++
2.0 release out with all these new stuff sometime around end of June or
early July .....

Tinny

Re: New stuff in the latest nightly build

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Forgot to say ....

The sample DOMPrint is also updated to use the DOM L3 DOMWriter for
serialization (Thanks Pei Yong!).  Although this is quite new and may be
pre-mature, it's still a "good news" for those who've been asking for "how
to serialize DOM" for so long.

Please check it out.

Tinny