Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> on 2021/05/10 14:31:36 UTC

12.5 Beta release

Hi,
Yes, asking about 12.5 now, before Apache NetBeans released 12.4. Mostly question to release managers…

Is it safe to assume there will be 12.5 Beta source voting and binary release at the beginning of July?  Similar to 12.4 when Beta voting started around April 2nd and Beta 2 completed ~ Apr 11th. Like 1st two weeks of July voting, release for Beta.

I'm asking as I would like to do VSNetBeans VSIX 12.5 Beta release around mid July.

thank you,
Martin

Re: 12.5 Beta release

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I think that makes sense, yes.

Gj

Re: 12.5 Beta release

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
The only issue I'm seeing with this one is the API versioning/signing
shall happen on master first.

Also while master is open for PR-s, major changes in the APIs are
discouraged to be merged, in order to keep the delivery branch easily
merge-able back to master. So some of the changes we would like to see
in 12.5 are still stranding.

Though it's on 12.4 and 12.5 RM-s how this one shall roll out!