Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Se...@london.sema.slb.com> on 2003/09/05 13:29:41 UTC

Suggestion: sort messages.properties files

The messages properties files are getting quite large.

Just thought it might be worth sorting them by message key?

This would mean a bit more effort when adding keys, but it would help avoid
accidentally adding duplicate keys, as well as making it easier to find the
keys.

Thoughts?
[I'm happy to make the changes]

--
The opinions expressed herein are my own, and are not necessarily endorsed
by my employer ...

Re: Suggestion: sort messages.properties files

Posted by Jeremy Arnold <je...@bigfoot.com>.
Sorting it may help, but what about splitting it up as well?  I think it
would be nice to have the HTTP messages kept with the HTTP protocol,
etc.  Of course, this would require some changes to how the lookups are
done....I haven't really thought through the details of how that should
work, but it seems like that would be one more step towards making the
protocol code totally pluggable.

Jeremy

BAZLEY, Sebastian wrote:

>The messages properties files are getting quite large.
>
>Just thought it might be worth sorting them by message key?
>
>This would mean a bit more effort when adding keys, but it would help avoid
>accidentally adding duplicate keys, as well as making it easier to find the
>keys.
>
>Thoughts?
>[I'm happy to make the changes]

Re: Suggestion: sort messages.properties files

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Yeah, that seems like a good idea.  If there's an automatic way to
do it, it's not so vital that new properties added by hand be put in
the right spot.

-Mike

help@jakarta.apache.org

--