Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by wa...@wispertel.net on 2005/04/28 22:55:05 UTC

Re: security/profiler related question

Amit,

Are you taking advantage of any of the existing profiling features? If so,
the answer below might change.

Basically, you need to employ a new profiling rule based on roles, (i.e.
role-fallback), for each user. Then, you place the "not logged in" page
relative to root: /somePage.psml. Finally, you create a new page at
/_role/someRole/somePage.psml with the portlet X in it.

See the J2 example site *.psml and *.sql for more details.

Randy

SecurityValve Re-impl

Posted by Santiago Urrizola <ch...@yahoo.com.ar>.
Hi, i want to reeimplemente the SecurityValve (i dont know if this is
correct) to make a new Login procees to my aplication. I need to lookup
users roles and permisions, in a complete diferent database witch is owns by
my organitzation (some people of then works with the users, bu i need to
check wath king of users are, and make a new module to new users could
register to the site)
For now, i try to make the login, but i dont know how do this.
I change the SecutityValve, the SecurityAccsesImpl SecurityProviderImpl,
Authentication Autorization and the UserManager, and still cant make the
users login to the portal
Could anyone tell my how can i make it ??
thanks a lot !!!
Santiago

Re: security/profiler related question

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.