Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mike Lenyon <mi...@lenyon.com> on 2003/05/20 15:36:51 UTC

sending dynamic value through custom logicsheet attribute

hi all,

i greatly appreciate the support of the cocoon community.  i'm encouraged by your support as i feel my way through this new (to me) framework.  my hope is to pass on my knowledge the same as you have once i'm up to speed.  for now, i still have questions to ask.

i've created a custom logicsheet that receives a couple of attribute values and does some processing based on those values.  i think i know xslt well enough to know how to get those values in my logicsheet (e.g., <xsl:value-of "@some-attribute"/>).  and i also know how to send a static value through an attribute in my xsp (e.g., <my-logic:do-stuff firstvalue="staticvalue"/>).

but how do i pass an attribute whose value is a variable or the results of a method call or a calculation?

thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Lenyon

Re: sending dynamic value through custom logicsheet attribute

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
you wind up doing something like
<my-logic:do-stuff><my:logic:firstvalue><dynamicstuff/></...

you then of course need to provide support for either method of getting
this value.  I think there is a logicsheetutil.xsl that does something
like this which you can either include and use, or copy.  Some of the
built-in logicsheets use it, and some don't (and the ones that don't
do nearly identical things).

Geoff