Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Ted <r6...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/22 03:41:03 UTC

sql_generaltion for embeeded derby has incorrect null column status?

Hi I'm generating tables off of model objects. I've declared a few
simple fields

	@Column(nullable = true, length = 128)
	private String dataType;

The first problem I noticed with the sql generation was it did not
default to nullable=true and the JPA java docs says it should.

The second problem was even when I explicitly set nullable=true it
still generates sql like

	dataType VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL

I'm using openjpa 2.2.1 which I believe is the latest, oracle
jdk1.7.0.3, I'm building from maven and using the
openjpa-maven-plugin, the only real parameter is

   <connectionDriverName>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</connectionDriverName>

Does anyone know what's up with this? I know the same setup I have
works with MySql, is there something special I have to do with
embedded derby table generation?
--
Ted.