Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us> on 2010/02/21 17:33:38 UTC

tomcat blocks maven

I have a pre-integration-test execution of the ant task plugin that installs my snapshot so that the integration tests can run against the new snapshot.

After my install script exits maven hangs. I tracked this down to the fact that my install script stops and starts tomcat.
If I stop tomcat at the end of my install script maven runs fine.

My work around is to call a wrapper script that calls install then stop tomcat.
Then start tomcat in a separate execution with "fork=true"

Even though I have a work around I'd like to get to the bottom of this for 2 reasons

1) I can't for the life of me think of what tomcat/maven could be doing to cause this
2) It would be nice to test the real world install script and not one that restarts tomcat (i.e. what if I'm masking a bug)

D/

Re: tomcat blocks maven

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.
Because I'm doing integration testing and I want to test my application after doing a real install.

D/

Re: tomcat blocks maven

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.