Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Linesh Sebastian <li...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/15 14:46:06 UTC

Problem faced in setProperty() method while upgrading from tapestry 4.0.1 to 4.1.6

Hi,

I have upgraded to tapestry 4.1.6 from 4.0.1, but am facing a compile
time error in setProperty() method.  On analyzing, i came to know that
the method is deprecated from IComponent class in tapestry-4.1.6.  As
per the following link :
http://dev.bjmaxinfo.com/docs/tapestry/4.0.2/tapestry/apidocs/org/apache/tapestry/IComponent.html#setProperty(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.Object)

the read() method from PropertyUtils can be used instead of
setProperty() method,  but am trying to activate a Ipage class(which
implements few methods from IComplonent class) object by setting a
property to the same, below are few lines for your understanding,
//old code
IRequestCycle cycle;
IPage exceptionPage;
exceptionPage.setProperty("exception", cause);
cycle.activate(exceptionPage);
//
Please advise me on how to use read() method in above scenario or any
alternate method in above scenario.

Regards,
Linesh Sebastian T.