Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/04 23:23:07 UTC

Re: svn commit: r383164 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk: ./ plugins/org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model.edit/ plugins/org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model/ plugins/org.apache.geronimo.devtools.eclipse.core/ plugins/org.apache.geronimo.j

2006/3/4, sppatel@apache.org <sp...@apache.org>:
> Author: sppatel
> Date: Sat Mar  4 10:26:01 2006
> New Revision: 383164

> +    <geronimo_version>1.0</geronimo_version>
> +    <commons_logging_version>1.0.4</commons_logging_version>
> +    <ant_apache_oro_version>1.6.4</ant_apache_oro_version>
> +    <xercesImpl_version>2.5.0</xercesImpl_version>
> +    <xmlParsersAPIs_version>2.6.2</xmlParsersAPIs_version>
> +    <stax-api_version>1.0</stax-api_version>

Hi Sachin,

Could we decide on the format of M2 variables? In Geronimo we use
geronimoVersion rather than geronimo_version, commonsLoggingVersion
rather than commons_logging_version and staxApiVersion rather than
stax-api_version. Although the proposed solution might not be
appropriate for all cases, it tends to be consistent. A mixture of the
underscores, the dashes and camelCase parts in these variables might
be very confusing in the foreseeable future.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.org.pl

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/5, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>:
> Sure.  My personal preference is using "_version", but whatever the
> consensus is with others I'm fine with.

Well, I don't remember how the convention was introduced, and since it
wasn't that hard to get used to it, it seems to have became the
convention (aka the consensus ;)). However, if you find it weird or
impractical, another consensus can easily be reached.

> - sachin

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski