Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stephen Ince <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/17 19:57:48 UTC

adding UploadProgressListener to a struts2 upload

Hi,
   I would like to add a UploadProgressListener to a struts file
upload. I tried setting the struts.multipart.parser property but I
can't seem to override the setting. I also tried downloading the
"Advance File upload plugin" but no download link. So I basically have
3 questions.

1) Is it possible to override struts.multipart.parser for a struts2
file upload? I have done the following:

<struts>
    <bean type="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.multipart.MultiPartRequest"
name="jakartax"
class="org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.multipart.JakartaMultiPartRequestx"
scope="default"/>
    <constant name="struts.multipart.parser" value="jakartax" />

    <package name="loadgeneral" extends="struts-default">
        <interceptors>
            <interceptor name="login"
class="com.loadgeneral.struts2.LoginInterceptor" />
            <interceptor-stack name="defaultLoginStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
                <interceptor-ref name="login" />
                <interceptor-ref name="fileUpload">
                    <param name="maximumSize">10240</param>
                </interceptor-ref>
            </interceptor-stack>
        </interceptors>

2) Where can I download the "Advance File upload plugin" ?
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/advanced-fileupload-plugin.html page
does not have a download link?

3) How to add UploadProgressListener to a struts2 file upload?
  My assumption is that you have to use a plugin that overrides
struts.multipart.parser setting. I did see a link that this was fixed
and that functionality to add a UploadProgressListener was added to
struts 2.1.18

Any help would be greatly appreciated?
Steve

Re: adding UploadProgressListener to a struts2 upload

Posted by Stephen Ince <st...@gmail.com>.
Jorge,
  Thx for the suggestion. I will definitely use this for other pages.
I am basically doing file uploads and want to use the dojo status bar,
so that I can maintain the same look and feel in my application.

Steve

Posted by Jorge Sousa <jo...@wit-software.com>.
Hi,