Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 12:25:08 UTC

How to edit the Solr ref guide

Hi

I was reading some sections in the Solr ref guide and found few typos,
errors etc. How can I edit it? Do I need a user/pass for the confluence
website? I tried to login w/ my ASF credentials but it says my username is
not recognized.

Is it better to handle all these through JIRA. And if so, what's the
process in terms of text suggestions - can I generate a DIFF somehow?

Shai

Re: How to edit the Solr ref guide

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I was reading some sections in the Solr ref guide and found few typos,
: errors etc. How can I edit it? Do I need a user/pass for the confluence
: website? I tried to login w/ my ASF credentials but it says my username is
: not recognized.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+Maintaining+Documentation
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+CWIKI+ACLs

TR;DL:

* As a committer, create a cwiki acount, and post your username here
(or find me in IRC) and we can give you edit permissions

* non-committers who want to point out simple syggestions/typos usually
use the comments on the specific page, or open a jira to submit large
amounts of new documentation (w/ or w/o formatting)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: How to edit the Solr ref guide

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.

> I've added your edit permissions.

Thanks Hoss. I will follow the process. I was thinking more to improve the
documentation around the merge policy (and typos I find as I read the
guide), which means editing existing pages.

Shai

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shai,

Info here about how it’s set up: <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+CWIKI+ACLs> - in short, you need a separate set of credentials for Confluence, and for another committer with permissions to grant your Confluence account permissions on the Solr ref guide space.