Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brian Mearns <me...@bmearns.net> on 2008/09/01 15:18:08 UTC

[users@httpd] export.c build errors - many "solutions" found, none worked.

This seems to be a common problem, but none of the solutions I found
online and in mailing list archives helped.

The problem is when running make, and I get many errors about
redefinitions in exports.c like:

exports.c:743: error: redefinition of ‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_create’
exports.c:728: error: previous definition of
‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_create’ was here
exports.c:744: error: redefinition of ‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_destroy’
exports.c:729: error: previous definition of
‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_destroy’ was here
exports.c:745: error: redefinition of ‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_alloc’
exports.c:730: error: previous definition of ‘ap_hack_apr_allocator_alloc’
was here

and on and on. I've already got apache 2.2.6 installed and running, and
now I'm trying 2.2.9. The old version was built from
/usr/local/apache/versions/2.2.6/src, and installed to a sibling folder
/usr/local/apache/versions/2.2.6/installed. Similar set up for the new
version, except obviously in versions/2.2.9 instead of versions/2.2.6.
There are *no symlinks* in this path, but I do have a
/usr/local/apache/current soft linked to /usr/local/apache/versions/2.2.6
(the parent folder for the old version), if that's relevant.

I invoke configure with:
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache/versions/2.2.9/installed/ \
--with-apr=/usr/local \
--with-apr-util=/usr/local \
--enable-ssl \
--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl/versions/0.9.8g/installed/ \
--enable-dav --enable-dav-fs --enable-dav-lock

None of the paths there have symlinks either.

I'm also getting this message from configure:
configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --with-apr, --with-apr-util,
--enable-ssl, --with-ssl, --enable-dav, --enable-dav-fs, --enable-dav-lock

I tried leaving out the --with-apr and --with-apr-util options and got the
same errors and warnings.

All of the proposed solutions I've found online are that the path contains
symlinks, or that the build is trying to go over an existing installation,
but neither or those apply in this case.

If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Brian

Re: [users@httpd] export.c build errors - many "solutions" found, none worked.

Posted by Brian Mearns <me...@bmearns.net>.
Nope, thanks anyway but that's not it either. It's a local drive.

-Brian

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.