Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Mike Sam <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/20 12:08:27 UTC

aws client for delta cloud

I have already written a whole bunch of code in the past to access my aws
account and now I am wondering if I can use delta cloud aws compatible
api to make my code work with other cloud too without changing the code
much? if so, Is this possible to keep using aws client libs and make it to
talk to delta cloud server or do I need a new set of client libs?

Re: aws client for delta cloud

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
On 04/20/2013 12:08 PM, Mike Sam wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you question, sorry it took so long to answer :)

The Deltacloud 'EC2' frontend is currently a PoC, so to be honest,
I would not expect it will work smoothly with the 'aws' client lib.

The current EC2 API has some problems we can't simply workaround in
Deltacloud, like advertising 'hardware_profiles' for cloud providers.

So I will strongly recommend, if you are considering DC, to use DC API
instead of the EC2 API (and use deltacloud-client lib to access it).

Cheers,
   Michal

--

Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>