Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darryl Wilburn <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/13 20:49:52 UTC

Virtual Host in Tomcat 4.1.29

I'm going to try to keep this short and to the point.
I'm trying to configure a virtual host on a 4.1.29
server with no luck.  I've successfully configured it
on 5.5.7 which seems to have better facilities for
configuring VH's.  I've configured the server.xml to
have an additional host entry as shown:

<Host name="ddi" debug="0" appBase="webapps/ddi"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
 <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
                 directory="logs/ddi"
prefix="ddi_log." suffix=".txt"
	        timestamp="true"/>
<Alias>nt-notes2</Alias>
</Host>

Logging is working fine, but when I try to navigate to
http://ddi, I get "No context configured to process
this request.  Problem is when I try to configure a
DefaultContext, I get a different error message.  So
what needs defined and where does it go.  BTW, I have
a WEB-INF under webapps/ddi with an empty web.xml.
This is where I've been trying to configure the
default context for this VH.

Thanks for any help!
Darryl