Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 09:55:03 UTC

SAX/Javax XML reference in bundlerepository

Hi,

The bundlerepository bundle contains a class XmlMetaDataHandler which
uses SAX and Javax XML. It seems that this class is not used here and
also seems the reason to explicitly exclude import references for
javax.xml and org.xml.sax in the BND configuration.

Is there a need for this class or is it here merely for historic
reasons ?

Regards
Felix

Re: SAX/Javax XML reference in bundlerepository

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The bundlerepository bundle contains a class XmlMetaDataHandler which
> uses SAX and Javax XML. It seems that this class is not used here and
> also seems the reason to explicitly exclude import references for
> javax.xml and org.xml.sax in the BND configuration.
>
> Is there a need for this class or is it here merely for historic
> reasons ?

Good question. My guess is that these are included because the "xml meta
data" classes that OBR uses are generic (i.e., they can be used with
different parsers), so these classes are support for that. So, they are
probably not needed in the result JAR file, if at all.

We could, at a minimum, tell the BND to not include those classes.

-> richard