Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2007/02/07 15:17:44 UTC

Attributes enabledOnUserRole and visibleOnUserRole being deprecated?

Per the comment "the attributes enabledOnUserRole and visibleOnUserRole
will be deprecated and replaced by rendered='#{securityContext..}'" on
TOMAHAWK-885[1],  I am not sure I like this. Granted securityContext
provides a lot more control, but the attributes are easier to use and
document for the simple stuff.

Why are the attributes being deprecated?

When are the attribute scheduled to be deprecated?

Should their be an Jira issue for the deprecation?

If you would prefer to continue this discussion after the release of
MyFaces 1.1.5, I have no objections.

Paul Spencer

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-885

Re: Attributes enabledOnUserRole and visibleOnUserRole being deprecated?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Performing those tasks would be helpful.  Thanks!

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Mike,

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.