Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roland Neilands <rn...@pulsemining.com.au> on 2004/09/27 04:04:19 UTC

OT: printing on linux

Can anyone provide any pointers for printing FOP output on Linux?

I'm struggling to find a general solution for printing FOP output from Linux that works on enough different printers - or is there a minimum hardware requirement?

PCL seems to work most of the time, but some files produce garbage on some printers consistently, while very similar files work on the same printer (no idea why).

PS & PDF require drivers & won't print landscape correctly as is (portrait clipped or shrunk).
Feeding PDF through acroread & printing the resultant landscape ps works, but on some printers some files print "Error: /undefined in eartomark", while other ps files generated the same way print out OK on the same printer.

I haven't tried fop -print or -svg yet : any comments?

Regards,
Roland