Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/21 13:33:31 UTC

How to Import content into Lenya...newbie

Hi
We wish to use Lenya for managing an existing site, so we have to shift our
site into Lenya..
How can we import the whole content in a bulk (rather than manual entry by
altering the default pub.)We aren't getting a grip of the nperl script on the
link : http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo

Re[2]: How to Import content into Lenya...newbie

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Sunday, May 1, 2005, 10:49:59 PM, bonita_amna@yahoo.com wrote:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo
I've updated wiki page with detailed stuff.
Take a look, maybe it could be usefull.

--
 qMax

Re: How to Import content into Lenya...newbie

Posted by Amna & Kiran <bo...@yahoo.com>.
qMax <qmax <at> mediasoft.ru> writes:
> AK> link : http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo
>> What this script does is:
>> 1. copy given file into context://lenya/pubs/$pub/content/$area/
$nodepath/index_ru.xml
>> 2. adds node to sitetree at context://lenya/pubs/$pub/content/
$area/sitetree.xml
>>   (it uses utility xsltproc for this)
>> 3. creates workflow file for this node (as "not live") in
>>   context://lenya/pubs/$pub/content/workflow/history/authoring/
$nodepath/index_ru.xml
>> (Here $vars are subjects to substitute with args.)

Hey thanx a lot
That really was lot of help...

Re: How to Import content into Lenya...newbie

Posted by qMax <qm...@mediasoft.ru>.
Thursday, April 21, 2005, 6:33:31 PM, bonita_amna@yahoo.com wrote:

AK> Hi
AK> We wish to use Lenya for managing an existing site, so we have to shift our
AK> site into Lenya..
AK> How can we import the whole content in a bulk (rather than manual entry by
AK> altering the default pub.)We aren't getting a grip of the nperl script on the
AK> link : http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentImportHowTo

This script imports exactly one file, given in arg into single node.
It could not recursively create nodes for directories.
To import bulk u should write some shell script or whatever,
which could scan subdirectories and calling this script for each file
found.