Posted to watchdog-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Davidson, Misha" <MD...@silverstream.com> on 2000/07/26 23:11:53 UTC

Incorrect test results

Hi,

I believe there may be a problem with a few of the expected results for
the
jsp tests. Specifically:

1:
/jsp-tests/jsp/core_syntax/directives/page/imports/implicitImportServlet
.jsp
====================Expecting:
HTTP/1.0

====================
Is probably wrong, since this output could not be produced by the code
in that jsp.
An HTML comment
<!-- language =java and we check if implicit  import works-->
must appear in the response...

2:
/jsp-tests/jsp/core_syntax/beantests/setProperty/positiveSetPropSingleQu
otes.jsp
====================Expecting:
<title>positiveSetPropSingleQuotes</title>

<!- testing if are able to set a  property using single quoted
expression -->

HTTP/1.0

====================
Notice an invalid comment start sequence "<-" it is missing a second
dash.
Also, does the number of white-space characters between text fragments
matter?
I assume it does. In that case, according to section 2.1.6, there should
be 4 blank lines
between the end of the comment and before "HTTP/1.0", corresponding to
        <jsp:useBean id="myBean"
class="core_syntax.beantests.setProperty.MiscBean" />
        <% int k=10;  %>
        <% byte p=10; %>
        <jsp:setProperty name="myBean" property="path" value= '<%=
request.getProtocol() %>' />
in the JSP source.

3: /jsp-tests/jsp/engine/JspWriter/misc/positiveGetRemaining.jsp
====================Expecting:
<title>positiveGetRemaining</title>

<!-- this is to test if getRemaining method works with no buffer-->
<!-- setting buffer size to 5kb using directive -->
got=4939
<!-- expected to return remaining buffer size -->
Similar to the previous case, there should be 2 blank lines between the
second comment
and "got=4939", corresponding to the JSP source:
        <%@ page buffer="5kb" %>
        ...empty line...

Thanks,
-Misha