Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Toomey <ct...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/01 02:30:38 UTC

Kafka Streams OffsetOutOfRangeException / restart to recover

I'm getting an OffsetOutOfRangeException accompanied by the log message
"Updating global state failed. You can restart KafkaStreams to recover from
this error." But I've restarted the app several times and it's not
recovering, it keeps failing the same way.

Is this error message just wrong (and should be changed), or if not, why
might the restart recovery not be happening?

I see there's a cleanUp() method on KafkaStreams that looks like it's
what's needed, but I don't find any callers of it in the streams source
code.

thx,
Chris

Re: Kafka Streams OffsetOutOfRangeException / restart to recover

Posted by Chris Toomey <ct...@gmail.com>.
Filed  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9141