Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gb...@cox.net on 2005/11/16 22:42:07 UTC

can't get #include to work

I'm trying to include a file as my footer section.  I have formatted the section in home.html as:

<!--#include file="footer.html"-->

after doing this and viewing the file through my local_host:8080 i don't see the footer.html file showing up.

from what I can see I need to enable SSI within tomcat.  I'm supposed to add

Options +Includes

to my  httpd.conf or .htaccess file.  the problem is I don't ahve eitehr of these files.  I created a httpd.conf file and put it in my conf folder, but it still doesn't show up.  is there another setting I'm missing?

I'm running tomcat 5.5.9 on a windows XP box, I know, shame on me but it's all I have right now.

thanks in advance

GRB

Re: can't get #include to work

Posted by gb...@cox.net.
Thanks Mark,  I made the changes to the conf/web.xml.  after doing that,
however, I still can't get any of the SSI scripts to run.

any other help would be appreciated.

thanks,

GRB

>> I'm trying to include a file as my footer section.  I have formatted the
>> section in home.html as:
>>
>> <!--#include file="footer.html"-->
>>
>> after doing this and viewing the file through my local_host:8080 i don't
>> see the footer.html file showing up.
>>
>> from what I can see I need to enable SSI within tomcat.  I'm supposed to
>> add Options +Includes
>> to my  httpd.conf or .htaccess file.
> This is to install SSI for the Apache web server (httpd).
>
>> I'm running tomcat 5.5.9 on a windows XP box, I know, shame on me but
>> it's all I have right now.
> You need to uncomment the SSI servlet definition AND mapping in the
> conf/web.xml file
>
> It sounds like you need to read the Tomcat documentation. The SSI how to
> would be a good place to start.
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssi-howto.html
>
> mark

Re: can't get #include to work

Posted by gb...@cox.net.
no, SSI scripts aren't recognized by some browsers, so to avoid letting them
error out the SSI is wrapped in comments and older browsers will ignore it.

The section on directives on this page gives an example:

Re: can't get #include to work

Posted by ALEX HYDE <al...@btinternet.com>.

Re: can't get #include to work

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.