Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jozef Hovan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/04 18:03:52 UTC

HTTPS after JDK upgrade in Firefox 3 stopped working

Hi all,

we are running web application on tomcat 5.5.x which is using HTTPS and
after upgrade of software (Windows Server, JDK, Tomcat, SSL certificate) we
are getting security error message in Firefox 3 when we are accessing web
application.

Message is:
=============
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to xxxxxxxxx.

Peer's certificate has an invalid signature.

(Error code: sec_error_bad_signature)
=============

In IE and Opera our application works fine. First I thought that our SSL
certificate is bad, but after using old certficate problem remained. After
lot of testing and trying I can say, that problem occured after upgrade JDK
from 5.0 to 6.0. I was not able to find resolution anywhere on internet.
Could anyone help me, which direction to go to fix it? Running tomcat in JDK
5.0 doesn't causes problem after upgrade.

Environment: I upgraded Windows 2000 -> Windows Server 2003, JDK 5u14 -> JDK
6u10, Tomcat 5.5.25->5.5.27. When I run Tomcat in JDK 5u16, it runs fine. I
am using SSL certificate signed by self-signed CA and CA certificate is
correctly installed in IE, FF and Opera.

Thank you,

Jozef

Re: HTTPS after JDK upgrade in Firefox 3 stopped working

Posted by Jozef Hovan <jo...@gmail.com>.
Configuration in Apache HTTPD works fine and it is sufficient for me. I was
unable to find a reason, why it doesn't work in JDK 6 and Firefox.

Good luck when you have same problem :)

Posted by Jozef Hovan <jo...@gmail.com>.
Downgrade to JDK 6u7 didn't help, problem occurs in firefox 2 and 3. Maybe
problem will be in signing certificate with our company CA.

I will try to configure Apache HTTPD and we will see.

Jozef

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.