Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com> on 2016/06/20 13:23:51 UTC

HTTP Rest API: increment/decrement or append/prepend are candidates to deprecate?

Hi Igniters

I've reviewed the API <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/rest-api> for
HTTP Rest provided by Ignite and have a question: do we really need some
commands which cover the particular cases of value type like
increment/decrement (value is integer) or append/prepend (value is string).
Moreover last pair of commands actually don't work (ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-945> has been filed by me a
year ago!).
Such commands helps to test Rest but they're away from real use cases.

I suppose they could be marked as deprecated for 1.7 and removed for 1.8.
Any such operation should be implemented via SQL level.

Thoughts?

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems

Re: HTTP Rest API: increment/decrement or append/prepend are candidates to deprecate?

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hello

I have raised a PR [1] for this ticket [2].

Please review and let me know if any change is required.

Regards
Saikat

[1] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/847

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.