Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "jexxi@hotpop.com" <je...@hotpop.com> on 2005/08/22 10:10:31 UTC

Log4net can't access web.config on remote share

Dear all,
here are the situation
1. Server A (network share) resides asp.net: \\192.168.11.111\ASPNET_APP
2. Server B (IIS 6.0) create virtual directory pointed to
\\192.168.11.111\ASPNET_APP
3. enable internal debug for log4net and capture the message via DebugView.
4. Log4net v1.2.9 and .NET 1.1
5. Then I try to request one asp.net page for instance:
http://192.168.11.150/ASPNETAPP/abc.aspx. The page do successfully loaded
in
browser, but nothing get logged, and in DebugView as follows:
===================
log4net:ERROR LogLog: Exception while reading ConfigurationSettings.
	Check your .config file is well formed XML.
System.Configuration.ConfigurationException:
	The XML file \\192.168.11.111\ASPNET_APP\web.config could not be loaded.
	Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
(\\192.168.11.111\ASPNET_APP\web.config) ---> System.IO.IOException:
	Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
.
.
at log4net.Util.LogLog..cctor()
===================
It seems that log4net cannot access web.config on the remote share.
What should I do? Please help me out on this

Thanks in advance,
Johan

http://mail2web.com/ .

Problem using log4net in C++ code.

Posted by Ping Xie <px...@caci.com>.
Hi,

We have a problem using log4net in our legacy C++ code. We wrap the
log4net in a C# dll and use it in our product. It works well in our C#
code. However in a  piece that is converted from c++ 6.0 and compiled in
.Net,  XmlConfigurator.Configure() causes AfxOLEInit() fails. Could anyone
know what the problem is here?

Thanks.

Ping Xie

CACI