Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Bhathiya Jayasekara <to...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/11 13:33:43 UTC

What does AiravataProvenanceRegistry do?

Hi devs,

Can someone please tell me the use of AiravataProvenanceRegistry in
registry API (AiravataJCRRegistry)? I was looking for any implementation
but I couldn't find any. Isn't it been used for anything yet? Because, in
repository.properties, I don't see 'class.provenance.registry.accessor'
value which is used while creating AiravataProvenanceRegistry.

Thanks.

--Bhathiya

Re: What does AiravataProvenanceRegistry do?

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bhathiya,

By default all the provenance data of a workflow is saved to the Airavata
JCR registry. But a gateway developer can have his/her own database & data
structure to save the provanance data. To do that he/she has to implment
the AiravataProvenanceRegistry interface, make it available in the
classpath and specify the name of the class in the repository.properties
file as you mentioned. A sample implementation is available at [1].

Saminda

1.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/airavata/trunk/samples/provenance-registry-handler/