Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/17 13:35:57 UTC

invalid maven-metadata.xml for org.springframework

I've set my new project with dependency to springframework [2,)
I expect maven to get the latest 2.0.2 version.

This fails. the
maven-metadata.xml<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/springframework/spring-jdbc/maven-metadata.xml>
has not been updated since 2.0-m4.

As those jars are in sync with spring-developpers repository, is this a
maven or spring issue ?

Re: invalid maven-metadata.xml for org.springframework

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 17 Feb 07, at 7:35 AM 17 Feb 07, nicolas de loof wrote:

> I've set my new project with dependency to springframework [2,)
> I expect maven to get the latest 2.0.2 version.
>
> This fails. the
> maven-metadata.xml<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/
> springframework/spring-jdbc/maven-metadata.xml>
> has not been updated since 2.0-m4.
>
> As those jars are in sync with spring-developpers repository, is
> this a
> maven or spring issue ?

We only sync what they give us, Carlos knows more about the details
as to what they provide and which builds of theirs use Maven and
which don't  but unless there was an error syncing and the file is
corrupt then it's what they gave us.

Jason.

Re: invalid maven-metadata.xml for org.springframework

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
we sync from https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/springframework/repos/repo/
and they don't have metadata.

Their jira is in
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring
If they provide the metadata make sure they start with what is in central now.

We still have the problem with upload requests as we don't update the
metadata. i was hoping that archiva would take care of that soon.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.