Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 19:48:58 UTC

Cannot load true type font correctly in PDFBox-1.1.0 !!

Hello,

I just download the most updated version of PDFBox-1.1.0 and test the
PDFReader!

When I opened a PDF that contains that contains some Chinese with the font
"Arial Unicode MS", it just showed a square.

In my windows, there is not any font called "Arial Unicode MS".

How can I use load a TrueType font file at runtime for use in the PDFReader
or PDF2Image ???

Best regards,
Eric

Re: Cannot load true type font correctly in PDFBox-1.1.0 !!

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Eric Chow schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I just download the most updated version of PDFBox-1.1.0 and test the
> PDFReader!
>
> When I opened a PDF that contains that contains some Chinese with the font
> "Arial Unicode MS", it just showed a square.
>
> In my windows, there is not any font called "Arial Unicode MS".
>
> How can I use load a TrueType font file at runtime for use in the PDFReader
> or PDF2Image ???
I've already answered that question a few days before [1].

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

P.S.: Please avoid double postings.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/fxobtimlre4z76cl