Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/29 05:56:05 UTC

Moving examples

Was chatting with Gerhard at JavaLand and he mentioned moving examples to its own section of the repository.

In our github mirror, we actually have quite a few people looking (110 forks, 34 stars)

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee

If we move the examples out to their own "repo" and mirrored it on Github, we might get a lot more contributions.

Thoughts?

-David

Re: Moving examples

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I think even if not mandatory when migrating a sample we should check
if we need to add a test for it or not since the target is to remove
examples from trunk IMHO. Just a little review which is not that hard
but needs to be done otherwise we'll never do it. Think it would be
great before going on tomee 2 (so we have few time for it). Last
point: this can be done by anyone actually even newcomers.
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Re: Moving examples

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <gp...@apache.org>.

#1 rename 'examples' to something like 'itests'
#2 separated github mirror just for examples (-> copy real examples step by
step)

Re: Moving examples

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving examples