Posted to xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/24 02:20:42 UTC

osgi finder method to xbean?

Jarek has written a bunch of useful looking osgi utility type stuff currently in geronimo-kernel.  At least one of the classes, BundleAnnotationFinder, could be quite useful to other projects, so it might be a good idea to move it to xbean-finder.  However, it uses many of the other classes.

So how about moving all the non-geronimo-specific osgi utility classes to a new xbean-osgi that can be used by the osgi support in xbean-finder?

thanks
david jencks

Re: osgi finder method to xbean?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I started this in xbean, rev 937957, see XBEAN-148.

Basically I copied all of framework/modules//geronimo-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/kernel/osgi/ into a new xbean-bundleutils except for the two geronimo specific activators and except for moving the BundleAnnotationFinder to xbean-finder.

Any comments before I start changing geronimo to use this new xbean module?

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 2:20 AM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jarek has written a bunch of useful looking osgi utility type stuff currently in geronimo-kernel.  At least one of the classes, BundleAnnotationFinder, could be quite useful to other projects, so it might be a good idea to move it to xbean-finder.  However, it uses many of the other classes.
>
> So how about moving all the non-geronimo-specific osgi utility classes to a new xbean-osgi that can be used by the osgi support in xbean-finder?

Hi Dave,

Definitely worth going into this direction.

+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski