Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Peter Davis <pd...@attbi.com> on 2002/02/21 10:06:25 UTC

Tail Recursion Elimination in XSLTC

Sorry if I'm blind, but I couldn't find it in the docs or the list archives.
Also, I assume that this is the proper mailing list for XSLTC discussion,
since I couldn't find any other.

Does XSLTC support tail recursion elimination?  If not, what is the
approximate maximum depth of recursion before a StackOverflow or
IndexOutOfBoundsException?

I've been reading the recent posts about how XSLTC kicks so much ass
performance-wise (except for dbonerow, but Jacek Ambroziak's workaround will
do fine for me).  However, my stylesheets use deep tail recursion and so I'd
like to find an answer before I can spend time rewriting my servlets to use
XSLTC.  Thanks!

--
Peter Davis
Cheer Up!  Things are getting worse at a slower rate.