Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Pricilla Yin <pr...@montage-dmc.com> on 2002/09/23 21:18:51 UTC

log4j.ignoreTCL

I tried to set this system property to get around the error ""appender
is not assignable to Appender" when log4j.jar is loaded by mutliple
class loaders.

However, it didn't work. I included the following line in the properties
file

log4j.ignoreTCL = true

I tried to set the property using the java -Dlog4j.ignoreTCL=true. It
still
complained the error.

What did I do wrong?

Pricilla

RE: log4j.ignoreTCL

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Pricilla,

You need to describe your environment. The ignoreTCL property will solve
most cases of "multiple log4j.jar" syndrome but there are cases which it
won't solve. What it is the *exact* error message?

At 22:49 25.09.2002 -0700, mwomack@apache.org wrote:
>Pricilla,
>
>I think your message is more appropriate for the log4j-user email list.  But
>the log4j.tcl property was just added recently by Ceki, so I think he can
>answer the question best.  Generally though, you do not want log4j available
>within 2 different locations in your classpath.  Try having only one
>instance in your classpath and see if the problem still occurs.
>
>hth,
>-Mark

Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793

Re: Merging 1.2.X into the main branch

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
I am busy with other things for the moment. Would you want to do it?

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793

Merging 1.2.X into the main branch