Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by YIMEN YIMGA Gael <ga...@sgcib.com> on 2014/09/09 15:47:40 UTC

Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Hello Dear hadoopers,

I hope you are doing well.

I tried to run WordCount.jar file to experience running hadoop jobs. After launching the program as shown in the screenshot below, I have the message in the screenshot.
The job tries to connect to the datanode. But failed after 10 attempts, I got the error in the second screenshot.
After that, I first stop all the Hadoop deamons, second format the dfs, third re-launch Hadoop deamons, and I notice using the JPS command that DATANODE is not running.
I then run the datanode alone with the command bin/hadoop -deamon.sh  start datanode as shown in the third screenshot, but the datanode is still not up and running.

Could someone advice in this case, please ?

Standing by for your habitual support.

Thank in advance.

GYY

[cid:image001.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]

[cid:image002.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]

[cid:image003.png@01CFCC44.D02F58C0]
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Please visit http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com for important information with respect to derivative products.
                              ************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
Veuillez consulter le site http://swapdisclosure.sgcib.com afin de recueillir d'importantes informations sur les produits derives.

RE: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by YIMEN YIMGA Gael <ga...@sgcib.com>.
Thank you for your all support.

I could fix the issue this morning using this link, it was clearly explain.

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-multi-node-cluster/#java-io-ioexception-incompatible-namespaceids

You can use the link as well.

Warm regard

[...]

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana

--

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

RE: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by vivek <vi...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by vivek <vi...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by vivek <vi...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by vivek <vi...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks and Regards,

VIVEK KOUL

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by Sandeep Khurana <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by Sandeep Khurana <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by Sandeep Khurana <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana

Re: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by Sandeep Khurana <sk...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and regards
Sandeep Khurana

RE: Error and problem when running a hadoop job

Posted by YIMEN YIMGA Gael <ga...@sgcib.com>.
Hi,

When I run the following command to launch DATANODE as shown in the screenshot below, all is ok
But when I run JPS command, I do not see the datanode process

[cid:image004.png@01CFCC5C.E98838B0]

That’s where my worry is ☹ ☹

Standing by ….

[cid:image005.png@01CFCC5C.E98838B0]