Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Arun Wagle <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/24 16:03:58 UTC

UTF-8 issue in jetspeed portal on weblogic 10

Hello,

I have an issue displaying UTF-8 characters in jetspeed portal in weblogic
10 .

I have tried the following things already mentioned in the weblogic i18n
document
1)  response.setContentType("text/html;charset=UTF-8");

2) In jsp - <%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html;
charset=UTF-8" %>

3) Deployed the application as an EAR and specified
<application-param>
  <param-name>webapp.encoding.default</param-name>
  <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
</application-param>
The above thing ensures that the whole webapp is UTF-8 enabled

4) In weblogic.xml - This is deprecated in weblogic 10 though
<jsp-descriptor>
  <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</jsp-descriptor>

5) Checked the database charset encoding . It is set to UTF-8

6) I was able to render the portlet alone using the getContentFragmentById
method. This displayed the portlet with UTF-8 characters properly.
   But when the portlet was rendered along with the layout , then it did not
display the UTF-8 characters.
Please advice as to what could be the issue here.

 Regards,
Arun Wagle