Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2008/11/04 22:17:54 UTC

How to get JIRA to send an email to the assignee ?

I've created a bunch of issues and assigned them to Sheetal, Akara etc.
However, they do not know that these issues are assigned to them as they
don't receive any email. I looked around but can't seem to find any
setting to tell jira to automatically send an email to the assignee.
Even as the user who creates the issue doesn't get any email unless I
specifically 'watch it'. I can watch issues I create, but how can I
watch an issue if it has been assigned to me but I have no idea about it ?

Appreciate any help
Shanti

Re: How to get JIRA to send an email to the assignee ?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Shanti,

I've updated the notification scheme for olio to notify the dev list
and the assignee on any change.

Check it out.

Craig

On Nov 4, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Shanti Subramanyam wrote:

> I've created a bunch of issues and assigned them to Sheetal, Akara
> etc. However, they do not know that these issues are assigned to
> them as they don't receive any email. I looked around but can't seem
> to find any setting to tell jira to automatically send an email to
> the assignee. Even as the user who creates the issue doesn't get any
> email unless I specifically 'watch it'. I can watch issues I create,
> but how can I watch an issue if it has been assigned to me but I
> have no idea about it ?
>
> Appreciate any help
> Shanti

Craig L Russell