Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/22 05:09:38 UTC

hbase config for 0.90

Hi,
I copied hbase-site.xml from our staging cluster running 0.20.6 to dev
cluster which runs 0.90

Can someone go over the attached file and see if any parameter is
incorrectly set ?

Thanks

Re: hbase config for 0.90

Posted by Tatsuya Kawano <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

This is not a direct answer to your question, but I found the Configuration chapter of The Apache HBase Book v0.90.0 is helpful. It contains a complete list of the properties and some important/recommended settings. You might want to check it if you haven't.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

Tatsuya Kawano
Tokyo, Japan

Re: hbase config for 0.90

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I encountered different kinds of failure w.r.t. hbase 0.90 running our flow
over 200GB input data.
Some values from my config were derived from processing 500GB data using
0.20.6 on our staging cluster.

I couldn't find reference to 'hfile.min.blocksize.size' in 0.90 source code.

'hbase.zookeeper.property.maxClientCnxns' is high because of zookeeper issue
I mentioned in another thread.

I will report back after further experiments.

Thanks Stack.

Re: hbase config for 0.90

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Oh, makes sure you don't have an hbase-default.xml from an old hbase
in your conf dir (its in the hbase-0.90.0.jar now and doc'd here
http://hbase.apache.org/configuration.html#hbase_default_configurations).

Re: hbase config for 0.90

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Remove: