Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2008/07/21 22:55:20 UTC

hbase 0.2.0 release candidate news

0.2.0 is now feature complete.  TRUNK is frozen but for documentation
and any critical-bug fixes.

A few of us are running tests out on our little cluster to make sure the
current TRUNK all basically works.  We're also experimenting with LN's
promising patch in HBASE-745 to see if it should make the 0.2.0 release
(we'll err on the side of conservatism).

I see this process taking a day or so unless we run into any obstacles.
We'll put up a 0.2.0 release candidate then.

Thanks for your patience,
St.Ack

Re: hbase 0.2.0 release candidate news

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Rick Hangartner wrote:
> Is there a preferred approach to getting 0.2.0 you'd like people who
> would like to test this release to follow?
>
> That is, should we check out the source (we've already done that) and
> build it?  Or will there be a pre-built release candidate made
> available so that any problems won't  be confounded by possible build
> issues, as unlikely as those may be?

Thanks for asking.  You could check out source but best would be banging
on the release candidate itself.  It should be up soon (next couple of
hours).  Finishing up some testing before posting.
Thanks,
St.Ack

Posted by Rick Hangartner <ha...@strands.com>.

Posted by Rick Hangartner <ha...@strands.com>.