Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Allistair Crossley <Al...@QAS.com> on 2004/01/14 11:33:35 UTC

Chainsaw : Have running but loads 0 events

Hi Guys

I have finally managed to work out how to install Chainsaw and have it running. But now I have a few questions if anybody would be kind enough to answer them;

I have a couple of questions;

1) Is there help/usage/docs for Chainsaw?

2) Can you register logs with Chainsaw (e.g we have 6 logs at the moment and it is incovenient to have to keep going to File > Load to change between them .. does Chainsaw "remember" the logs and allow you to switch between them?

3) Why am I receiving 0 events loaded when I do a Load on one of our logs. Example output in the log file is

2004-01-14 09:37:20,581 DEBUG com.comp.intranet.name.logic.core.cms.CMSDAO.search(Unknown Source) : resultCount=999 sortField=title sortOrder=asc startRow=1
2004-01-14 10:29:09,957 DEBUG com.comp.intranet.name.logic.user.UserDAO.loadUser(Unknown Source) : user=xxx

4) One of our logs throws an error rather than 0 events which is "Error parsing file - end of entity not allowed. an end tag is missing". This log is generated just like all the others that come back with Loaded 0 Events.

Many thanks! ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055