Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dan ." <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/23 11:08:27 UTC

StandardTokenizer and splitting on mixedcase strings

Hi,

The StandardTokenizerFactory splits strings like 'JavaScript' into 'Java'
and 'Script', but then searches with 'javascript' do not match the document.

Is there a solr way to prevent StandardTokenizer from splitting mixedcase
strings?

Cheers,
Dan

Re: StandardTokenizer and splitting on mixedcase strings

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Dan:

The admin UI analysis page is invaluable for understanding exactly
what element of your analysis chain does what. So when you restructure
your analysis chain you can use it to see if the input transforms the
way you want it to.

Best,
Erick

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Dan,
Lowercase filter before the tokenizer?
Cheers -- Rick

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

StandardTokenizerFactory does not do this.

Maybe you have a filter in your analysis chain that does this?  E.g. WordDelimiterFilterFactory has this capability.

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com