Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2021/04/03 05:50:35 UTC

Master is merged

I’ve merged the Java 11 changes to the master branch. To summarize:
Toolchains are no longer required.
Java11 (or later?) is required to build and run. However, I have only tried with Java 11.
Log4j-api and log4j-plugins are JPMS modules. Log4j-core will be attacked next.
We will want to review the classes being exported and determine which should be moved to non-exported packages.
Log4j-osgi tests are passing
SystemClock requires -Dlog4j2.usePreciseClock=true to enable the finer grained clock resolution. The price for that is that it is not garbage free. At the recommendation of Stephen Colebourne I have sent a message to the JDK core-libs-dev mailing list to see if there is anything that can be done. I suspect if there is it won’t be in Java 11 and I would be lucky to get it in Java 17.

I have also been messing with the GitHub Actions configuration. Two of the three jobs have been timing out because they simply take too long.

After log4j-core is converted to a JPMS module I am imagining migrating the rest that we want to do will be straightforward.

Ralph

Re: Master is merged

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Great news, thank you Ralph!