Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/11 16:56:48 UTC

Releasable Brooklyn 0.7.0

Hi all,

We need to get 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT releasable as a binary + maven release
(for 0.7.0-M2, it was just a source release).

There are a couple of things we need to do:

 1. Update our root NOTICE/LICENSE file to include all binary dependencies.
 2. Include the NOTICE and LICENSE files in the META-INF directory
    within each jar [1].

Anything else needing done, or any comments on that?

Is anyone available to pick this up?

Aled

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

Re: Releasable Brooklyn 0.7.0

Posted by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org>.
Aled,

A small correction:

On 11 March 2015 at 15:56, Aled Sage <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Update our root NOTICE/LICENSE file to include all binary dependencies.

The root NOTICE and LICENSE files should not be changed, as they are
for the source release and they are correct for this purpose.

New NOTICE and LICENSE files should be prepared specially for the
binary release, that reflects the contents of the binary release. In
practice, this is likely to be a superset of the root (source release)
NOTICE and LICENSE.

> 2. Include the NOTICE and LICENSE files in the META-INF directory
>    within each jar [1].

Again, these are additional NOTICE and LICENSE files that need to be
correct for the thing they are bundled with - which may be different
to the source and binary NOTICE/LICENSE. However I expect that the
majority of our jars will have the same NOTICE/LICENSE as each other
(namely the ASL2 and a minimal NOTICE, as they do not bundle any
dependencies); only a couple will require anything more (such as
jsgui, which bundles a number of Javascript libraries).

Richard.