Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "|^| /-\\ |\\| |) /-\\ |2" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/13 09:38:54 UTC

Hot swapping / updation of indexes

Hi,
       I placed Nutch indexes in the JBoss bin directory(I know the default
locn only), and deployed the application.
I have no problems with the application, but when I try to manually delete
the indexes when the server is running, I find that the indexes were locked
and could be deleted only after server shutdown.

This raised doubts if I would be able to perform a "hot swap" of indexes or
be able to update them, when the server is still running.

Have you got idea as to what would happen if I tried to replace the indexes
while the server is still running?
What solutions do we have to this?

Regards,
Mandar.