Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Brosch <br...@gmx.de> on 2004/02/11 03:26:30 UTC

Re: how to "re-index"

> However, I have problems with "reindexing".
> First, I index all my object contents. Then some of these objects can
> change
> and need to be re-indexed.
>
> I did it with IndexWriter(Dir, Analyzer, FALSE). With the boolean value
> "false" the new document will be added to the index, but the old document
> still remains in the index :-/

Sorry for the second mail, but maybe I sould say that I am looking for an
UPDATE of the index! What I am doing at the moment is adding (see above) and
deleting with IndexReader ...

Thanks ;-)

Re: how to "re-index"

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Update in Lucene means: delete the document and then re-add it.
This may be a FAQ.

Otis