Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/02/29 18:48:41 UTC

Pig Philosophy

After consultation with the pig committers, I've put together a page on
pig philosophy.  No, this isn't Aristotle's comments about swine.  It's
a page that lays out the guiding principles behind pig.  This is
intended to help users and developers understand what pig is and what
it aspires to be.  It is also intended to guide committers when making
decisions about what to put into pig.  Any feedback you have would be
welcome.

http://incubator.apache.org/pig/philosophy.html

Alan.

Re: Pig Philosophy

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
> Do you guys plan any "Pig Con." in Toulouse, France (1) ?

Well, I would like to see a european pig event. I plan to be in europe
over the summer - so I will join! :)
Stefan

Re: Pig Philosophy

Posted by Benjamin Francisoud <be...@joost.com>.
Do you guys plan any "Pig Con." in Toulouse, France (1) ?

Just kidding ;)

--
Benjamin Francisoud

[1]
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=toulouse,+france&ie=UTF8&z=12

Re: Pig Philosophy

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>.
Alan,
I like this a lot, it helps to focus. However there plenty of work to
reach this goals.
I guess most of the pig developers are in the Valley - how would
people feel about meet for code review sessions?
Johannes and me can easily come to Sunnyvale during work days as
well. :-)
Cheers,
Stefan

On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:48 AM, Alan Gates wrote:

> After consultation with the pig committers, I've put together a page
> on pig philosophy.  No, this isn't Aristotle's comments about
> swine.  It's a page that lays out the guiding principles behind
> pig.  This is intended to help users and developers understand what
> pig is and what it aspires to be.  It is also intended to guide
> committers when making decisions about what to put into pig.  Any
> feedback you have would be welcome.
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/pig/philosophy.html
>
> Alan.

101tec Inc.