Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by George Jordano <ge...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/23 17:05:53 UTC

How to configure snapshots proxying in Apache Archiva

Hi,

I've got a question about Archiva and snapshots. I want to use release and
snapshot repository at the same time. Everything works fine except that
Archiva doesn't download the maven artifact with a snapshot version from the
remote maven repository (I tried with: http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2).

Otherwise I can upload release and snapshots versions, mix the dependencies
(release and snapshots versions), download maven artifacts with release
versions (no snapshots) from remote maven repositories and so on.

I set up all maven repositories in the Archiva, networks proxies, proxy
connectors, mirrors in the settings.xml and so on (checked the settings
several times), so I am missing something and I really need help.

And of course I have another important question (related to the first one):
How to debug Archiva (its logs doesn't give enough information to figure it
out what is doing Archiva internally)?

Thanks a lot,

George

Re: How to configure snapshots proxying in Apache Archiva

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Hi George,

What version of Archiva are you using? Could you possibly be encountering
this bug http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1136?
As for your other question, you can change the log level to "debug" instead
of "info" in [ARCHIVA_INSTALLATION]/apps/archiva/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml

Thanks,
Deng

--
Maria Odea Ching
Software Engineer | Exist Global | 687-4091 | Skype: maria.odea.ching |